Friday, April 25, 2008

This, That, The Other, Some More and Then Some


This - I had a fantastic time at T4G 08. We worshiped through singing the songs of Zion, songs that speak of the common salvation we have in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. But we mainly worshiped our Lord through hearing of His love, grace, sacrifice and salvation through the servants He’s raised up to declare the word to us. Among my personal highlights of the conference was the standing O we gave to a brother who had served His Lord in pastoral ministry for over 50 years. Another was C.J.’s quote of Spurgeon who once said that others might preach the gospel better, but no one can ever preach a better gospel.

Of course there was Thabiti’s message that was passionate, challenging and caused us to think of the possibilities of living as though Christ is our identity. Lord willing I and along with a number of others from CLF will make the 2010 version.

Speaking of T4G I get a double dose of R.C. since I’ll hear him tonight at PCRT. Mercy, my cup runneth over.

That - Is an image from deep space taken by the Hubble Telescope. How the heavens do indeed declare His glory.

The Other - Sixers got spanked, Flyers got robbed, but it’s better to be spanked and robbed than to sit at home during the playoffs like we did last year.

More - I led a retreat on worship with a series of messages from Lev. 9. I hope to write more about this soon.

And Then Some - A few are wondering if the term ‘evangelical’ has outlived its usefulness. I’m wondering the same thing for the term ‘reformed’ but more on that later.

Finally - Aslan is on the move again. Stay tuned for info about the upcoming northeast regional conference of the Association of Charismatic Reformed Churches.

To Him Who Loves Us...
Pastor Lance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If we lose today Flip should be banned from ever coaching again. It will be the biggest upset in playoff history. At least the Warriors matched up well. The Sixers are scrubs and are going to beat my Pistons. Conspiracy brother? BTW can you hit me up at lionelwoods@gmail.com? Got some questions for you.